Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dr. Seuss Bathroom

My 18 month old has a new fun Dr. Seuss One Fish Two Fish bathroom! And he LOVES IT! He loves showing off the fish and pointing to them!

I got the idea from Pottery Barn Kids. They recently had a Dr. Seuss One Fish Two Fish Bathroom, but I discovered it after it was no longer available from Pottery Barn Kids, and I did not want to pay Ebay prices, so I made my own version with some paint and a Target Shower curtain and Target Accessories. I am very happy with how it turned out and a lot less than what Pottery Barn Kids originally sold it for and less than I would spend on Ebay!!

Little Man showing off the fish!

The wall was already painted a shade of blue, so I used a projector to get the outlines of the fish and then free handed the rest of the mural. I used Behr paint samples from Home Depot in several Disney colors! The fun bright colors were perfect for this project! I replicated the waves from the inspiration Pottery Barn Kids shower curtain to create the accent wall.

Little Man pointing at the fish. I used a paint pen to outline the mural, my first time using a paint pen, but not my last!
One fish and blue fish!
Behind the door looks a little funny because there are no fish, but its behind the door and where we hang bath robes.
Red fish!

Red fish (and my favorite, I think he turned out the best!!!)
PBK had cute bath accessories that were bright primary colors with descriptions on them. I found these great bath accessories at Target and stenciled then with Martha Stewart's new stencils to replicate PBK's accessories.

Three fish!
Throw in a Dr. Seuss hat and you have a complete bathroom perfect for any little man!

The shower curtain is also from Target.
Two fish!
I am so proud of my finished bathroom. This is the first time I have done any major painting like this and I am very happy with how it turned out! And its even better that my Little Man loves it too!

16 comments:

  1. I've never seen a One Fish, Two Fish bathroom before, but this one is just so detailed! I love all of your little touches:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome bathroom. Your son is so lucky to have such a talented Mom. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fabulous job. I didn't want to pay pottery barn prices either. The accents you found work great and the mural really makes the room. I'd love if you linked this to my Dr. Seuss blog collection. I'd love to feature this on my site too. - Victoria http://www.obseussed.com/p/books.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is absolutely adorable. You did a much better job than the PB version. Absolutely awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some great artistic talent! I couldn't trace that well! Lovely job! Found you on Knock Off Decor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! Wow, love this. I put up a Grinch tree for Christmas this year and was sad to see it go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing-I'm your newest follower-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, This has got to be the most information, help and tips through the whole of the internet. Its been truly appreciated.!!

    bathroom accessories

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool. I am such a huge fan of their work. I really am impressed with how much you have worked to make this website so enjoyable
    Wall Coverings

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this! I was wondering what type of projector you have? I have been wanting to purchase one, but I have no idea what I am looking for as far as using it for craft purposes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the insanely LATE reply!!!! I borrowed one from my brother in law!! I tried to make one of those DIY projectors I've seen on Pinterest..... didn't work so well :)

      Delete
  11. This blog was a really interesting read, information has been presented in a clear and concise manner. Thanks!

    kitchen appliances singapore

    buy furniture online singapore

    home décor ideas singapore

    ReplyDelete