Monday, April 2, 2012

DIY Train Table

For Christmas Little Man got a homemade train table made by grandpa. My dad made Little Man this train table based on the directions from Ana White. I know he made a few tweaks, but I don't know what they were.... I made the mistake of letting Little Man play with the table before it was painted and I was not sure how I would ever be able to get the time to paint it without disrupting play time.... but I found the time! And Little Man was even more excited to get back his table!!

The pouf I made for the table works great! The navy bins my mom purchased from Pottery Barn Kids. My dad was going to make the wooden bins, but my mom found these on sale so we just got them instead.

I love the knock off of this table and Little Man loves LOVES LOVES the train table "ba pa" made him!

6 comments:

  1. The table looks awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! My son spends hours playing at this table ! He LOVES it!!!

      Delete
  2. I already pinned your poof idea, and then I saw this table with it--so cute. I need to make one for my little guy:) What a great table!

    Shannon@SewSweetCottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon!!! My son loves the table and I don't think it was very hard to make or that expensive! So it was well worth the time!!!!

      Delete
  3. Hi! I'm visiting from Design Dazzle. I love how this train table turned out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie for visiting!!! I love how the table turned out!!!

      Delete