Friday, January 20, 2012

Scrabble Pillows

I saw these cute scrabble pillows online a while back and thought they would be perfect to make for my friend and her husband who love scrabble and just moved into a new house! The perfect house warming present!

I used my Silhouette Cameo and made letter stencils for a 12x12 pillow. Since I was making 4 pillows I didn't want them to be huge! I double checked the award amount on Google - for Scrabble fan's I didn't want to have the wrong point values! I used the first letter of their first and last names for the pillows.

Tulip fabric paint!

It was hard to get the vinyl to "stick" to the fabric so I was a bit nervous that it would bled, but it didn't! I did let it dry over night before I removed the vinyl.


Then I sewed a pillow and stuffed it!

I know they love Scrabble so I hope they like these pillows!

11 comments:

  1. Hi! This is so cute! I am a huge scrabble nerd so I LOVE this!

    Nancy
    alifedesigned.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea you did an great job !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful gift, I am sure they loved them. They turned out really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pillows! they turned out great. thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too stinkin cute!! I want to try to do this! I am actually considering getting a Silhouette...I have a Cricut right now though.

    I need to make these!

    I am your newest follower and I love your blog! Super cute stuff.

    I am a newbie blogger over at http://nestlovedesigns.blogspot.com/ :)

    <3 Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Oh how I want a Silhouette! Gotta support my fellow Badgers :). I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! I love finding Silhouette projects! Thanks for sharing, they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete