Saturday, January 28, 2012

Valentines Day Decor

I love Valentines Day, its always been one of my favorite Holidays. I love the pinks, reds, hearts, cookies, candies.... or maybe that's because its close to my birthday!

Even though I love the Holiday I have not decorated much for it this year.

I finally got around to putting away my Christmas pillows and made a new Valentines pillow. For some reason I didn't take any in between pictures, but this one was pretty straight forward. I cute 9 hearts by hand (no Silhouette this time, I know!!!) I used some Under Wonder and ironed them on, and then outlined the hearts with my sewing machine. (Don't look, but I am learning how to sew so my lines aren't great!!!) The 3 middle heart's are made from a Target dish towel.


I also put together a little valentines day decor on our mantel. I really like the simple love frame (made with the same Target dish towel!!!) and I think its going to have a permanent place in my craft room - since my craft room colors are red, black and turquoise!

16 comments:

  1. I'm a huge Scrabble nerd so I LOVE the LOVE frame! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am loving the scrabble stuff too!!!

      Delete
  2. Cute !!!
    http://sailingwithbarefeet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the chevrob stripes! swoon....I hope you will link up with me here:
    http://www.thegingerbreadblog.com/2012/01/sweet-saturday-link-party-v24.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am in love with the pattern! I am your newest follower and linked up!

      Delete
  4. Hello my Target sister! I love the pillow so much! I made a couple of goodies out of the black and white chevron towel, too! I'll post them next week! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bought the black and white chevron at Target tonight... and left there saying I should REALLY never go back there again... because I leave with way too much stuff!!!! I still have some fabric left so I have some ideas.... Can't wait to see your goodies!

      Delete
  5. Very sweet decor for Valentine's Day-- sweet from the first peek!


    Visiting from It's OverFlowing linky party
    THANKS FOR SHARING :D
    ~Smiles, Suzanne from WhyCuzICan in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love simple decorating. So pretty. I love the red and blue too. Perfect colors:> I am having a Valentine's Day Linky Carnival and would love for you to link this up:>

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2012/02/valentines-day-countdown-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! I grabbed some of those hearts you've made a garland from at Target during the after Christmas clearance, just knowing they'd be great for Valentines, but I've been drawing a blank till now! I'm going to get my daughter to put one of those together now :) Thanks for linking up to our Valentines linky party!
    -Molly
    from Just a Little Creativity

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love turquoise and red for Valentines Day - everything looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that garland; it's so sweet!
    Stopping by from Crafty, Scrappy, Happy
    lifewiththehawleys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think my favorite is the Scrabble frame too! Lots of great ideas! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The garlands are super cute! And the heart pillow is so fun! I think I would have cheated and used my Silhouette. You did an amazing job cutting those all by hand!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So Cute!! I love it!! Thanks so much for linking up...Lisa Leonard Designs giveaway just started on my blog!! Stop by if you haven't entered yet...


    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Valentine garlands! I'd love for you to submit this to the M&T Spotlight http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight

    ReplyDelete